Phone: (956) 542-2064

Address:

1338 E. 8th Street, Brownsville, Texas, 78520

Dedicated in 1850 , the land for this plaza was a gift to the City of Brownsville from the city’s founder, Charles Stillman. The fountain was installed in 1929. In 1975 it was restored through a gift from the Yturria family who also gifted the decorative bandstand in 1976 and was once again restored through funding from the Brownsville Community Improvement Corporation in 2006. Washington Park is also home to the Sombrero Festival held annually in late February.

See More Historic Downtown Brownsville, Mitte Cultural District, Parks & Recreation, Where to Play [dd_lastviewed widget_id="3"]