Brownsville’s festive ambience sets the mood for an exciting and fun vacation for the whole family. From our Charro Days festivities in February, to our Latin Jazz Festival in October, it’s no wonder Brownsville is Always a Fiesta!
Vendor Registration Form
This year the PCI Coalition is collaborating with the US Border Patrol of Fort Brown to raise awareness of the rebuilding of shattered lives of survivors affected by line-of-duty deaths through partnerships with law enforcement and the community.
“Each year, between 140 and 160 officers are killed in the line of duty and their families and co-workers are left to cope with the tragic loss. C.O.P.S. provides resources to help them rebuild their shattered lives. (www.nationalcops.org)”.
The U.S. Border Patrol and partners have collaborated to host “Back the Blue” in efforts to raise awareness of the families who that have had to endure the ultimate sacrifice. 90% of the proceeds will go directly to the organization C.O.P.S to continue to sustain their support programs, retreats, and efforts to comfort the families who have lost their lives in the line-of-duty. The remaining 10% of the proceeds will go to the PCI Coalition in efforts to sustain their youth group program aimed to prevent underage drinking and prescription drug abuse. Engaging our youth early allows them to build leadership skills and communicate effectively to raise awareness of the challenges they face on a daily basis.
Play is the way young children learn and develop. At the Children’s Museum of Brownsville we believe that play is a necessity, not a luxury, and that every child should have a safe and nurturing place to play. The Children’s Museum of Brownsville is the perfect environment for children to play and learn alongside their caring adults.
As a community based organization, the Children’s Museum of Brownsville is asking for your help by supporting our annual fundraiser, “A Night at the Museum – Fabulous Las Vegas”. This event will be held Saturday, September 30, 2017 at the Ringgold Civic Pavilion. The event includes a cocktail hour, hors d’oeuvres, auction and an exciting evening for adults only.
Proceeds from our event will enhance our exhibits, develop new programming and extend our outreach into the community.
The Annual Brownsville Historical Association presents the Brownsville Paella Festival and Cook Off Competition. A celebration of Hispanic History, for the last four years, this event has explored a unique part of history and culture through its paella cooking team competition. In past years, the cooking teams, judges, and attendees have enjoyed the friendly competition and great food. This year, we are proud to announce that flamenco dancers and Spanish music will be our featured entertainment. Select beers, wines, and sangria will be served with delicious tapas and other culinary delights.
This outdoor event centers on a paella cook-off and we invite guests to taste the competing teams’ creations which range from traditional to unique and unconventional. Also featuring is Spanish Flamenco music and dance for the evening. All inclusive Event Tickets are $50.00 includes Paella, wine, beer, tapas, and entertainment.
Join us for our Second Annual Dinner Murder Mystery Show. Dinner and a show are a perfect combination for a night out. That exciting evening can be made even better when the dinner and the show happen at the same place. The Dinner Murder Mystery Show is an interactive murder mystery with a sit-down dinner. Enjoy your delicious 3 course meal. Audience participation will be encouraged. Audience members will search for stashed clues and interrogate suspects before identifying the murderer.
*Tickets must be purchased in advance by October 20,2017 at Lopez High School.
**Lap kids are allowed without a ticket.
Born to lift community spirits toward the close of the Great Depression in 1937-38 Charro Days Fiesta will celebrate its 81th anniversary in 2018 with the same dedication to bi-national friendship and respect for traditions that first captivated Brownsville long ago. Join us for festivals, parades, dances and the Charro Days Carnival for a celebration to remember.