April 15, 2015 – June 15, 2015 all-day America/Chicago Timezone
Camp Lula Sams
280 Fish Hatchery Road
Brownsville, TX 78520
(956) 381-1264
Nature Photo Tournament @ Camp Lula Sams | Brownsville | Texas | United States
Invite All Photographers to Enter the
Camp Lula Sams Nature Photography Tournament
April 15 to June 15, 2015
Overview: The Camp Lula Sams Nature Photography Tournament is a fundraising and conservation event created by Images for Conservation Fund and Valley Land Fund to communicate the great diversity and majesty of wildlife living on the 85.7 acres of the historic Camp Lula Sams in Brownsville, Texas. The Tournament is open to all photographers who would like to participate knowing that their images and fees will be used to purchase and protect one of the most biodiverse tracts of habitat in the United States. One of the primary purposes of the Tournament is to create a visual inventory of the biodiversity of Camp Lula Sams, and to use this visual inventory to plan, develop, and promote photography as an integral part of an education curriculum.
The intent of the Tournament is to have a fundraising event that produces a diversified portfolio of quality images which can be used to promote the Save Camp Lula Sams Capital Campaign’s goal of raising a portion of the $875,000 that is required to purchase the 85.7 acres that encompasses the camp and its facilities. Securing this land ultimately helps to insure its preservation and its wild inhabitants for future generations.
Prizes: Twenty-five percent (25%) of the total entry fees will be paid out to 11 Winners: 1st & 2nd Place Winners in each of (Five) Photo Divisions and (One) Grand Prize Winner, the Camp Lula Sams Nature Photographer of the Year.  The remaining seventy-five percent (75%) of the entry fees will go towards the Save Camp Lula Sams Capital Campaign to purchase and protect this critical piece of land.  There will be weekly judging of portfolios submitted and weekly winners announced.  Winners of the weekly submissions will see their images posted on the Images for Conservation, Camp Lula Sams, and Valley Land Fund’s web site and Face Book pages.  Winning the weekly awards does not mean winning any of the final places.
Winning images from the Tournament will also be featured in Wildlife Photographic magazine. Wildlife Photographic is a magazine dedicated to wildlife photography and is distributed internationally on Apple’s Newsstand. Wildlife Photographic will also offer a special interview feature with the Camp Lula Sams Nature Photographer of the Year.  To learn more about Wildlife Photographic, visit: http://apple.co/1Ntl7Rl.
Special Offer for Early Entrants: Karine Aigner, award-winning wildlife photographer (www.karineaigner.com) and former picture editor at National Geographic will be on location at Camp Lula Sams from opening day on April 15th, through April 28th.  Karine understands what it means to be a photographer, but also knows what the editors are looking for.  Karine will offer one-on-one shooting sessions, afternoon portfolio reviews, contest entry image reviews and lighting workshop sessions.  From 12-3pm each day, you may choose to strengthen your visual voice, and learn new techniques to capture common subjects.  Daily schedule of offerings and registration will be throughimagesforconservation.org. Workshop proceeds will go to the Save Camp Lula Sams Capital Campaign.
How to Enter: The Tournament is open to all photographers (both amateurs and professionals) who register, pay the $50 per day entry fee, and reserve their day(s) at Camp Lula Sams.  Participating photographers may reserve a maximum of five days at $50 per day.  No more than 5 photographers per day are allowed at the Camp.  Entrance to the camp is strictly limited to sunrise and sunset (gates will be opened and closed accordingly) unless photographers spend the night (limited availability).
For more information about the Camp Lula Sams Nature Photography Tournament and to reserve your space today, please visit http://imagesforconservation.org/product/save-camp-lula-sams-photography-tournament/.
Camp Lula Sams is located at 280 Fish Hatchery Road, Brownsville, TX 78520