Two Easy Ways to Get Involved.
The Brownsville Convention & Visitors Bureau welcomes anyone who wants to spread the word about Brownsville. We want Brownsville visitors and residents alike to take pride in our beautiful city. We’ve developed two easy ways for visitors and residents to participate.
1. Become a Certified Ambassador for Brownsville
The Brownsville Tourist Ambassador Program is a certification implemented by the Brownsville Convention & Visitors Bureau to create local awareness of all the things Brownsville has to offer.
As a certified Brownsville Tourist Ambassador you’ll have the opportunity to spread the word of Brownsville through a series of presentations to business professionals and employees in the hospitality industry.
If you have a passion for Brownsville and would like to become a certified ambassador give us a call. The certification process is simple, fun and engaging.
Once you have been certified you will be entrusted with two main objective:
- To increase tourism by training and inspiring volunteers, business professional and front-line hospitality employees.
- Help turn every visitor encounter into a positive experience in hopes they will become an ambassador of Brownsville.
How it Works
Become a Brownsville Tourist Ambassador in three easy steps!
- Stop by the Brownsville Information Center and pick up an application. Anyone 18 years or older can join. Or Fill out the application online.
- Follow the steps in the application form. You’ll be required to take a quick questionnaire to gage your knowledge of what Brownsville has to offer. You’ll also need need to visit some of Brownsville’s attractions and then do some practice presentations. It’s that easy!
- Once you have completed the requirements you will be a Certified Brownsville Tourist Ambassador. You will be able to spread the word of our great city and even do Brownsville Ambassador Presentations of your own.
2. Become a Brownsville Social Ambassador
It’s Always a Fiesta in Brownsville. It’s the true pulse of our community. And it’s Brownsvillians taking an active role in social media to encourage positive conversation about the Fiesta City.
Here’s a way for you to get involved and help share digital goodwill about Brownsville.
Simply post content using #alwaysafiesta and you could be entered to win monthly prizes. Be part of a growing movement and post your own #alwaysafiesta moments.