The mission of the Brownsville Convention and Visitors Bureau is to enthusiastically promote, market and sell Brownsville as a destination for meetings, conventions, business and pleasure travel. We market and promote all segments of the community as a preferred destination. Here are just a few of our attractions:
- Palo Alto Battlefield National Historical Park
- Palmito Ranch Battlefield
- The Historic Brownsville Museum
- The Stillman House Museum/Heritage Complex
- The Brownsville Museum of Fine Art
Birdwatchers Paradise – some say the best birding in the U.S.
- Sabal Palm Sanctuary
- Resaca de la Palma State Park
- Boca Chica Beach
- South Padre Island
Biking – Brownsville was named Bicycling Capital of the Rio Grande Valley
- 64 miles of bike trails and street bike lanes
Year Round Events
- Charro Days/Sombrero Festival
- The Confederate Air Force Air Fiesta
The Gladys Porter Zoo
SpaceX – Plans to build a first-of-its kind, fully-private launch facility near Boca Chica Beach.
We know that convention and visitor business can be attracted to our area more effectively through coordinated group action. We invite you to join the Brownsville Convention and Visitors Bureau today. As a member, we will promote your business at our Visitor Information Centers. You will also be listed in our 2015-2016 Official Visitors Guide, have a listing on our website, and have a link from our website to yours. We will also distribute your brochures.
Thank you for helping us build business through travel and tourism.
Mariano “Bean” Ayala
Join the BCVB and get your business in front of the thousands of visitors to Brownsville each year! Joining is easy, affordable and comes with tons of great benefits.
As a member of the Brownsville Convention & Visitors Bureau, you have access advertising & marketing opportunities and timely industry news and research.
- Your listing will appear in bold and color lettering in the Official Visitor Guide (OVG)
- Listed on our website: www.brownsville.org
- Listed on BCVB Mobile App
- Your brochures will be displayed at both Visitors Center
- Your events will be posted on website, Facebook Twitter page
- Direct mail from inquirers
- OVG distribution to TX DOT Information Centers, statewide
- OVG distribution at travel shows (in United States, and Mexico)
- OVG distribution at Hotels & Motels, RV Parks, Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport, Texas State Travel Center and BCVB Members
- Brownsville Tourist Ambassador Program (BTAP) training available
- Receive Brownsville Bi-National Banderas